Saturday, October 13, 2007

R.I.P. Botters?!

by Craeon Family

----
BOT BUSTING SQUAD

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Goodbye Botters!? I Do Hope So!


I define B.O.T.S as Band Of ThieveS. Yes! And when I say thieves it can be literally be deemed as thieves! Why do I say that? It can be explained in two concepts. First, it takes away, without consent from Granado Espada Team, undue profits for their extra-curricular acts of money-making trade for the game. I believe that it took millions to conceptualize and implement the game and it would be unjust to gain profits therein without consent of the owner of the game. Second, it takes away the enjoyment of the REAL GE PLAYERS because of their bot programs taking over your spots, kill stealing, etc.

It is very nice to hear that GE had a bot busting squad trying to obliterate the pesky bots. Well, I am personally mad about bots! It is unfair to us REAL PLAYERS what they are doing. Hence, I commend GE Officials for that. As Hrin have said, it would entail additional costs for the 24/7 bot busting operation. Well, I tell you Mistress Hrin, all the efforts of the GE Team are very well appreciated! And truly, I can safely say that the bots have been minimized as compared to the past weeks. So keep it going and probably it can effect in eradicating them completely. I will even help you guys!! And I'm sure my fellow GE gamers will also help. Right Guys?

Well, Let me be the one to say, in behalf of all GE Players, that still there are many bots roaming around GE. But as I have said, it was minimized somehow. A good example was the Rion Prairie Map in all channels. For the past weeks, this map was loaded with bots usually muskeeters and scouts rampaging and kill stealing at everyone. But now, I seldom see them their. In fact, Rion Prairie is now a good spot leveling 60+. In addition, I think it happened several weeks ago, that when my brother and I were playing together, my brother come to meet an in-game GM (I think its a flying wizard) that asks where the bots are. Then, they'll ask questions and responses from the alleged bots and after failure of such response, they disappear. We presumed that it was already banned or something. Nevertheless, these are some of the reasons why I say that we do appreciate the efforts of the GE Team. You efforts are not in vain!


----
BOT COURTS

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Truth Shall Set Us Free


With regards to the establisment of Bot Courts, it is my personal opinion that it would really be effective if implemented properly. And so, count my vote for its establishment! In my almost 2 years of study at law school, rendering proper judgments have been the dilemas of many judges. I truly agree. It is really hard to determine who is innocent. I am actually excited with the idea of a set-up of prosecution versus defense counsel like the real life court room set-up. Can I apply as the prosecuting officers of GE? =P Well, my question here is how do you implement it? How and where do we present evidences? Who will be the judge or jury? I know it is still an idea in progress, but I hope you can execute it properly for the benefit of many innocent players. Because I do agree with some that there may be suspected botters who may be convicted and banned but is actually innocent.

As many judges have pointed out, "It is better to release hundreds of criminals than to convict one innocent person!"

For this, I have a few suggestions:
[] Develop a site for this set-up with:
a. online chat to enable real-time question and answer of defense and prosecution to the witnesses
b. messaging boards so there be a public trial where the wirnesses' testimonies and other evidences are put online as well as other updates of the case; allow separate access by the defense & prosecution.
c. I propose 1 week for the trial and then render judgment based on the merits.
d. I suggest that if it is a jury, appoint 10 GE players from different servers so as to be unbiased with the decision.
e. I suggest that if it be a judge, it be Mistress Hrin. But the decision must be based on the facts presented and the merits of the case.
*I think a mix of judge-jury decision can be implemented and used depending on the circumstances of every case.
f. the judgment is appealable within another 1 week to present further evidence. If the judge-jury is not satisfied then the judgment becomes final and executory. The penalty will be served! Justice prevails!

Remember: JUSTICE APPLIES TO ALL OR NONE AT ALL!

note: with this set-up though, it would clogged up the bot courts fast! but nevertheless, it is better than render judgment without due process.

>what do you think guys? put up a comment. It's just my one cent of opinion. It's open to scrutiny.

No comments: